viernes, 7 de julio de 2017

D.A.R. (Delayed Album Review)
This is one of those cases where an album gets into your brain after the fifth or the sixth hearing. I wanna say that I do love Mayer's guitars and songs, the tender sound of his voice (his ego is another story), but in this opportunity we have an album plenty of good songs... and that's it. I mean, made with a lack of sticky guitar solos and only a whisper of overdrive, is Mayer's most simple album, the closest one to his country vein. The first time I listened to it I just thought "well... nothing to remember", but after a couple of extra hearings the album reveals something, I don't know. Like the front cover where that field appears like a sea of tranquility and the man, the musician, stares at something that we can't see, Mayer offers an album with a blind point, a closed suitcase, a forbidden note.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario