martes, 6 de junio de 2017

D.A.R. (Delayed Album Review)

New York City, year 1997. 
I listened this album (strictly I listened only the first cd) a couple of years ago and each time I play it again it makes me feel part of something. I was born in 1981, so the 90's were my home, I mean I was a teenager madly in love with grunge movement, Kurt Cobain's sweaters, in love with great bands like Blind Melon, Stone Temple Pilots or Smashing Pumpkins, and of course with the Unplugged series by MTV. I remember me finding out the amazing world of possibilities in those acoustic versions, the clear sound of that naked wood and the strings, the lack of artificial effects. That was pure, that was like coming back to roots. Twenty years after those two shows in NYC, this double album by Counting Crows still sounds to me like that, something new, something fresh, it still sounds... I don't know, honest, and it makes me feel I was part of those golden years, our golden years... I'm talking about my generation.
I guess there's something unique there, specially in the first cd, the whole aura of the acoustic well balanced with the electric and the brasses in a magical song like Chelsea, just because of that I adore this album, it belongs to some other universe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario